Why is it so hard to choose the very best top roses in the world?
Choosing which rose varieties to plant is certainly a daunting job! Please see some reasons why selecting roses is hard here. It is extremely hard because most of the time gardeners do not know where to start. Therefore, many gardeners just choose to do it the simplest way, by Googling ‘what are the best roses in the world’.
However, is that really the best way to choose the very best roses in the world? We do not think so! That seemingly quick way to do the task would give you 218,000,000 results. In fact, no one would have enough time and effort to go through those 218,000,000 results.
It is even more disappointing when gardeners know that even carefully going through those 218,000,000 results does not necessarily tell them about the very best roses in the world at a certain time. Keeping in mind that a rose considered as the best rose in 2000 may no longer the best rose in the world in 2023. The horticulture industry is moving forward all the time. In the rose industry, many rose breeders introduce at least 4 or 5 new varieties each year.
In addition, one must ask if those 218,000,000 search results are reliable. Unfortunately, we have to say that most of those search results are not reliable. Many of the authors of those articles that you find on Google may not know a single thing about roses. Yes. That is the sad truth!
For example, on the first page of the search results when you Google ‘what are the best roses in the world’, The Right Roses team strongly thinks that only one site out of the whole result page is reliable. We do not even bother to click on the other sites on the first page of Google search results. Nonetheless, the details on that quite reliable site are not updated. If you Google the same question in 2043 (which is 20 years in the future), you may still find the same results. Therefore, that site may not be as reliable as we hope in the end. Hence, the seemingly simple way turns out to be a bad way to choose the very best roses in the world.
It is so hard to choose the very best top roses in the world because many ‘so-called’ influencers are not unbiased
There are so many wonderful gardeners around the world that we would love to look up to. We are never tired of listening to them, discuss with them, and learn from them. We are so lucky that we have made many great friends with the truly very best gardeners and rose breeders in the world.
Unfortunately, it is not such a wonderful thing if you choose to listen to many of those ‘so-called’ influencers, who are so fickle. Many of those influencers are so desperate for one breeder one day. On another day, the same influencers may go completely to the other extreme, turning to a different set of roses. A wise gardener may want to ask about their motivation.
The Right Roses Score makes it simple to choose the very best roses in the world
The Right Roses team is proud of its Vision. We only want the very best roses, i.e., ‘Only The Very Best Will Do’, regardless of breeders. In other words, it does not matter if a rose is from David Austin Roses, Georges Delbard, Rosen Tantau, Kordes, Meilland or anywhere else. To choose the very best roses in the world, The Right Roses team develops The Right Roses Score, which is the most comprehensive and reliable rose selecting criteria in the world. The Right Roses team does not rate a rose individually. We critically evaluate the quality of a rose based on the distribution of all roses on the market at a certain time.
‘We critically evaluate the quality of a rose based on the distribution of all roses on the market at a certain time’.— The Right Roses, RightRoses.com
Fundamentally, we make sure The Right Roses Scores of all rose varieties to be:
- Valid. The Right Roses Score must measure the most important aspects of a rose. Therefore, we compute The Right Roses Score based on the ratings of 10 most important dimensions, such as floriferous, disease resistance, and so on.
- Statistically Normally distributed. Ideally, we want the distribution of all The Right Roses Scores to be statistically Normally distributed so that the comparisons among roses are reliable. As discussed above, we do not evaluate a rose individually. We critically evaluate the quality of a rose based on the distribution of all roses available.
‘Ideally, we want the distribution of all The Right Roses Scores to be statistically Normally distributed.’— The Right Roses, RightRoses.com
The Right Roses Score classify roses into six different rose tiers. Each rose tier will give gardeners a completely distinct rose experience.
|Range of The Right Roses Score||Description|
|0 – 4.9||Below average|
|5 – 5.9||Average|
|6 – 6.9||Good|
|7 – 7.9||Very good|
|8 – 8.9||Outstanding|
|9 – 10.0||Extraordinary|
The Right Roses is completely unique in multiple ways:
- Our slogan, ‘Only The Very Best Will Do’, epitomizes what and how we choose the very best roses in the world. We choose the very best roses regardless of their breeders. We target the very best gardeners in the world.
- The Right Roses team are totally independent from any rose breeders. The Right Roses team does not make any commissions in any form from any rose breeder. Therefore, our evaluations are completely unbiased.
- With decades of experiences in the product category, The Right Roses team rigorously select and classify the best roses in the world by the most comprehensive, reliable, bespoke rose rating system in the world, i.e., The Right Roses Score. The Right Roses team test roses in our own trial garden. Therefore, readers cannot find our authentic and unique reviews anywhere else in the world.
- The Right Roses team painstakingly test the roses in The Right Roses trial garden. We only release a rose review if we strongly think that we have a good understanding of the roses. In other words, it sometimes takes 2 years or 3 years before we release a review of a new rose.