‘MY FAVORITE ROSES’ SERIES | ROSE ‘GEORGE LAWRENCE PRICE’ | BERNARD LAFAUT
‘MY FAVORITE ROSES’ SERIES | ROSE ‘GEORGE LAWRENCE PRICE’
INTRODUCTION | THE RIGHT ROSES
At The Right Roses, we support two important causes:
- ‘The Best Rose Experience’.
- ‘Together We Protect This Planet’.
The team at The Right Roses firmly believe that, with the support from all members, collectively we can make a big difference. Moreover, sharing your own experience and stories will be such an important way to enrich the resources for rose-lovers all over the world, including YOU.
This time, we would like to share with you a beautiful rose, Rose ‘George Lawrence Price’. Although it is such a beautiful variety, perhaps it has not been widely known to many of us. Bernard Lafaut, a passionate gardener from Belgium, kindly shared a few details of this rose variety with us. We hope that his information would be helpful to many gardeners. We highly appreciate Bernard’s contributions.
We look forward to many other stories around the world. Please send your rose experience to RightRosesCom@gmail.com.
‘MY FAVORITE ROSES’ SERIES | MR. BERNARD LAFAUT
- Your hardiness zone:8a and 8b
- Your aspect (e.g., South-facing garden):Open field
- Number of hours of direct sunlight in the summer:about 8
- Number of hours of direct sunlight in the winter:about 8 when there is sun
- Spray or not:not spray, modern Rose
- Name of the rose(s): George Lawrence Price
- Breeder: Jackie Vangampelaere, was breeder at MELLE ( now ILVO at Melle )
- How long have you planted this rose in your garden? (e.g., 2 years):2 years
- Rose type (e.g., shrub or standard): Floribunda
This rose is growing good, with beautiful flowers and has about a hight from 70 cm . This rose is TO REMEMBER …also in Gardens !
Photo credit: Bernard Lafaut